Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Writers Workshop Thursday


This week I have chosen the topic "I would walk a mile for...."

I would walk a mile for a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I don't want to sound like a snobby Starbucks type, but I am seriously in love with it. During the week I try to mimic it with pumpkin spice coffee from Archer Farms (Target) and add my own cream. This is my very favorite time of year. I love the food, the smells, the weather and all the excitement of holidays to come. I can't wait till Starbucks comes out with their pumpkin spice and eggnog lattes every year.
I have become officially addicted to caffeine. I drink coffee everyday to just stay awake. I guess it is from the 1:00AM, 2:30AM, 4:00AM and 5:15AM wake ups I get from my triplets most nights. It is never the same but on average I am getting up at least 4 times. I can handle when they just need a binkie or a little bottle and go right back to sleep. I hate when they have bad gas or just decide they want to talk and play. This year pumpkin spice coffee has a duel meaning. It helps me stay awake and reminds me of years past of this wonderful season. I hope to create that same love of the season in my babies, but maybe without the caffeine addiction to boot.

10 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I remember how much harder it was to go from a singletons to twins. Somedays I'd feel like crying when the babies woke up in the night.....again. I don't know how you moms of super twins do it......I'm glad you've found something that helps and tastes delicious. You need a little indulgence! :)

Melissa said...

I love this time of year too...and pumpkin spice is one of my favorite scents!! Wow, I don't know how you do it with three little ones....all at once!!! You go girl!!

Just Lisa said...

YES! I love me some pumpkin spice latte!

Anonymous said...

Our starbucks went out of business. Our whole town is in morning.. Ugh.

Gwen said...

I'd walk several miles for a skinny cafe mocha with whip. :) Great idea.

Jacki said...

OMG Don't forget pumpkin pancakes at IHOP....

KatBouska said...

Ooh. I live in Starbucks central and I'm a fan of the lattes as well. I like the spiced chais. Yummy.

And I'm sorry, but four times a night?? You deserve it!!!

Melissa said...

I left you something over at my blog...go check it out!! I love coming to your Kreativ blog!! :)

Jen said...

I am so there with you! I think that that coffee is one of the best things of fall.

Rado said...

I have been thinking about a caffeine boost a lot lately! I agree with Angie, going from singletons to twins is harder...although I have a great helper like Nate!