Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Breathing Machine's side job



My husband has sleep apnea. He is supposed to wear this contraption at night that makes him look more like a pilot from Top Gun. I say Ice Man from Top Gun, but the kids says Elephant and make long swaying motions with their arms to mimic a trunk. Take your pick, I prefer Ice Man. Anyway, over the past few days one of our kids (cough, cough, Aiden, cough, cough) thought it would make the perfect place to store all his crayons.

As Anthony brought the machine to me, I couldn't help but laugh. That is until I got a whiff of how bad it smelled. Water, melted crayons and I guess mold and a bit of crackers also stuffed in there??? Whatever it was it was awful and is pretty much impossible to clean. I am afraid to find out how much it will be to replace this part.