In these long days of Summer, I find that the bedtime routine keeps getting later and later. Aiden and Mia start the bath time routine out first. Aiden and Seth usually go potty before bath time. Mia flat out refuses to go potty, but I do have her at least sitting on the potty for my amusement. Seth gets some alone time in the bath after the other two get out. I am a little scared of his ways in the water, he seems to not fear the water like he should. I also use this time to work on his fine motor skills. Of course, they all usually get a song of Slippery Fish or Itsy Bitsy Spider in. After bath, they usually get handed over to dad for drying and to have PJ's put on. Which for the boys is usually Thomas themed and for Mia anything Princess will do. Every night I hope for an easy bedtime, but of course, there are those nights where they stay up till midnight, or there are the times when Seth screams for an hour. These are hard because I have no way of really knowing why he is upset. There are definetly better nights of sleep now, than when they were younger. Now I find that I am so used to not sleeping that even when they sleep...I can't.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Bedtime routine
In these long days of Summer, I find that the bedtime routine keeps getting later and later. Aiden and Mia start the bath time routine out first. Aiden and Seth usually go potty before bath time. Mia flat out refuses to go potty, but I do have her at least sitting on the potty for my amusement. Seth gets some alone time in the bath after the other two get out. I am a little scared of his ways in the water, he seems to not fear the water like he should. I also use this time to work on his fine motor skills. Of course, they all usually get a song of Slippery Fish or Itsy Bitsy Spider in. After bath, they usually get handed over to dad for drying and to have PJ's put on. Which for the boys is usually Thomas themed and for Mia anything Princess will do. Every night I hope for an easy bedtime, but of course, there are those nights where they stay up till midnight, or there are the times when Seth screams for an hour. These are hard because I have no way of really knowing why he is upset. There are definetly better nights of sleep now, than when they were younger. Now I find that I am so used to not sleeping that even when they sleep...I can't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment