Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Calm Easter...kinda




This year has been a bit different...not my traditional spend time with the family type of Easter. We have three sick babies that just don't seem to get better. Dealing with a household of six kids and a husband recovering from surgery has proven to be very hard this past week. Anthony is doing better from his nose surgery. Hopefully this will help with his severe sleep apnea. It has been hard dealing with the everyday drama of teens and taking care of sick toddlers. Seth came down with croup on Friday, making it extra stressful. I wish I could just transfer it from him to me so he could get better.
This time makes me realize how blessed my childhood was. Easter was my favorite time to be hanging out with family in Clifton Heights, PA. Even though I hated hard boiled eggs, I loved when grandma would come around and give us a sloppy kiss and some good old egg to eat. I really miss the pierogies she would get from the nuns, too. Next year will be better, hopefully, everyone won't be sick again!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Not my best Easter either, miss you and love you all so much

amy said...

You all were there in spirit! Happy Easter + get that family better soon!
ps tim always requests just the white. He is not a fan of the yellow!