Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A long road ahead

Today I took Seth to Early Intervention. It was a relief and very overwhelming in the same moment. He shows that he is developmentally behind in sensory, motor, verbal and social skills. The program that he was approved for is called Early Start, I think. The ladies there were all very nice and knew exactly what to say. I feel blessed to have this kind of support for Seth. He still has some more evaluations, but I feel we are on the right track to help Seth be the best he can be. They said we will get someone to come to the house for therapy. I wonder if they realize they will get a three for one deal. The hardest part is when they discuss the need for further testing of the "A" word. Autistic....I know there is a huge spectrum of what that entails, but when they started discussing further need of testing for that I couldn't help but get emotional. I am just very blessed by the endless family support here and far away. On a good note, Skyler kicked butt in her parent teacher conference and couldn't make me prouder! Oh, and I am adding a clip I love of Seth and Aiden playing.

3 comments:

amy said...

jaime... all will work out well. it is wonderful to have such great people to work with to find out the best way to work with seth.... the most important key is a supportive family and that you have:) if you need anything, I am a call/email away!

Jen said...

Jaimebaby, I'm sure a tough appointment but it seems you're on the right track. Sending you a big hug.

Casey's trio said...

Early intervention can make such a huge difference! I'm glad you are getting so much support through Early Start.