Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Early Birds




My babies were all born early. I held them in me as long as I could. I had the help of a great doctor and amazing staff at Fresno Community. Aiden and Mia almost weighed 6lbs and Seth was 4lbs 7 ounces. I also have to thank Valley Children's for saving Aiden's life, too. Aiden had a tear in his lung that made his breathing very labored. They transferred Aiden to Valley Children's a day later to repair his lung. They fixed him up and he and Seth came home a day apart. He actually beat Seth home. I had all babies home in 11 days. I know I am blessed and my story is much happier than most triplet moms out there.

This is why I am supporting March for Babies. This experience in my life makes me want to support and prevent anyone else from having to go through the heartache of a premature baby.

Through March of Dimes research and support many moms and babies will have a great beginning in their life. Please help out in any way you can to support us in our March for babies...no sponsor is too small.

4 comments:

Jen said...

We were very lucky too. I was able to carry my triplets to 34wks and every one was came home in about 2 weeks. We were and are truly blessed.

Melissa said...

You are very blessed.... your babies were small, but I'm so glad that they are growing up to be "big kids" :)

Casey's trio said...

Holy cow....almost 6 pounds! You were carrying ALOT of baby:)

Jaime Ann said...

Yeah, no kidding! I guess my height helped that...or maybe being doped up on Mag Sulf and having a terbutaline pump on...lol!